This is where it all begins…
…actually it all began earlier in the year. I thought it would be a great idea to go to a U2’s The Joshua Tree anniversary concert, and what better place to go than Amsterdam.
But it I was already going to Amsterdam, I had to go to some other countries in Europe as well. So, a few months later, here I am, trying to fit 50 days of cloth in one suitcase.
How do you do that? Well, here are the steps I took:
- Panic about the fact that you area leaving for 50 days
- Panic about the fact that you are only taking one suitcase and one backpack for those 50 days
- Put some music to sing and forget about the panic moment you had minutes ago
- Establish how many days of cloth are you actually going to take with you, because 50 days is nonsense. Once you realize around 7-10 days is the correct amount…
- Start with the basics: underwear.
- Distract yourself a bit while you sing.
- Continue with basics: bottoms. In this case, some shorts and a jean.
- Distract yourself and not be sure about whether you want to take a skirt or no, then realize you would need to take too much extra shirts to actually use that skirt, remove the skirt.
- Carry on with: tops. In this case, shirts, sleeveless shirts, and some of those sports shirts.
- Realize you want to totally take two dresses, remember you were going to take a third one as well. Add some winter tights so that it makes sense to take dresses for both the very hot days, and the colder ones.
- Refold everything you’ve already folded, and remove two shirts off the pile of shirts you were going to take.
- Try on a couple of those things you weren’t sure if they were going to work. Toss them off, or add them to the pile.
- Add extras like swimwear, sandals and pajamas.
- Wonder about whether you’ll need more pajamas, realize everything you have could be turned into a pajama, continue singing songs for a bit.
- Finish up with shampoo, tooth brush, hair brush, and everything that’s needed to continue looking like a decent human being.
- Make a list of the things you remember you need to take, and still haven’t bought.
- Celebrate about the fact that you did it, and you still have room left on the suitcase!
- Panic, for one last time 🙂